- Tampa, FL
Through design, we empower communities and help realize their potential. Our Landscape Architects create inspired spaces that reflect context and user needs along with our commitment to sustainability. We take a collaborative approach to design and believe that the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
The Landscape Architect will work with direct supervision and general direction on tasks and smaller, fast-paced projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Landscape Architect
You will develop technical skills and assist the project team with drawings and drafting in the creative design process. Being creative and detail oriented, you will create design documents, together with conceptual and final landscape designs, renderings, cost estimates, scope of work, specifications, and other construction documents, including local requirements.
As a Landscape Architect you will begin to establish general landscape requirements; conduct preliminary site studies and assess potential to meet client specifications.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Good knowledge of developing a construction document and specification deliverable.
- Utilizes relevant software programs in preparing exhibits and complex working drawings; continues developing skills using software programs for design and drafting.
- Prepare and coordinate technical activities on assigned projects which includes production efforts for design drawings, graphics and technical drawings.
- Redlines own drawings and make corrections prior to submitting for QA/QC review.
- Ensures internal approval of products and plans and assists with processing plans for approval by reviewing agencies.
- May assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Performs due diligence and research on projects as required to provide the background information to start new projects.
- May train less experienced team members in day-to-day activities including routine technical design, processing and company procedures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong experience with AutoCAD, knowledge of LandFX is a plus.
- Experience with irrigation design is encouraged.
- Graphics and layout experience required, coupled with experience with the following programs: SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat.
- Interest in public projects in an urban setting.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the design team.
- Understanding budgeting and efficient use of time and resources as it relates to personal tasks. Develop understanding of project scope and budget issues.
- Develop ability to solve problems suing sound judgement, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge of legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions.
- Develop knowledge of economic and legal issues involved in zoning codes, building codes and environmental regulations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's in Landscape Architecture and Licensed by state in Landscape Architecture.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Landscape Architect
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001DZ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top