Your Opportunity The Earth is top of mind for our Geomatics team. On, above, and under the Earth's surface, we provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter.
Your Duties Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. is seeking an Instrument Person / Party Chief (Land Surveyor) to work as a member of a survey crew in Salt Lake City.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Site control;
- boundary surveys;
- construction staking;
- topographic surveys;
- ALTA/NSPS surveys and other surveying services in support of engineering work.
- assist with preparing field notes and exhibits;
- reviewing field notes for completeness and clarity;
- performing construction staking calculations for improvements and utilities;
- scheduling, budgeting,
- Client/contractor interaction for surveying projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in the field as a Land Surveyor.
- Experience using Trimble total stations and GPS receivers required
- Experience in land boundary and construction staking a plus
- Experience in Civil 3D and, or Land Development Desktop preferred.
- Experience with Trimble Business Center a plus.
- Must have a good driving record and Valid Drivers License.
- Must be able and comfortable performing field survey tasks.
- Ability to gather and organize survey research and records.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and construction documents.
- Ability to prepare calculations, alignments, and instructions for field work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Familiar with AutoCAD and/or Microstation Software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a project team.
The key to our success is our people- we put people first . When you work hard, we notice. We offer competitive compensation and benefits to assist employees and their families with medical and dental coverage, long-term disability income replacement, and retirement savings.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top