At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
On, above, and under the Earth's surface, we provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Directs and conducts surveys for clients coordinating with the survey field crew.
- Supervises survey field crew, ensures completion dates and budgets are met, and ensures consistent application of firm operating standards and safety practices.
- Performs accurate measurements and calculations in recording the field data using instruments and measuring devices.
- May assist in preparation of survey drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Transfers survey data to the proper files in the computer network and acquires data for field use.
- Drives company or personal vehicle to reach jobsites.
- Ensures surveys are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Identifies hazardous situations and applies safety procedures and company standards.
- Responsible for safe operation and maintenance of vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Well-developed understanding of field survey methods and calculations.
- Knowledge of local survey laws, rules, and regulations.
- Experience performing field boundary, topographic, land title surveys, and construction staking.
- Advanced skills in time management, organization, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to use GPS, data collectors, total stations, robotics, and relevant survey equipment.
- Excellent cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Position will work in both a field and office setting. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Must be available to travel for out of town projects when needed.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Party Chief
Primary Location: United States-Alaska-Anchorage
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001FU
Back to top