Land Surveying Instrument Operator
- Charlotte, NC
Accurate data is the top priority for our Geomatics team. Through our work, we measure, process, and analyze spatial data and define land boundaries. We provide our clients a full range of Geomatics, surveying, and mapping services. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done safer, better, faster, and smarter.
Our Charlotte, NC office has an opportunity for a Land Surveying Instrument Operator within our Community Development Group.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Operate multiple surveying instruments and data collectors.
- Operate a survey grade GPS unit for location and stakeout task.
- Upload and download survey data to and from a computer.
- Work as a team player under the supervision of the Survey Crew Chief.
- Maintain the survey supplies in the work truck daily.
- Adhere to Company safety polices along with use of supplied personal protective equipment, (PPE).
- Complete internal and external training as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum of 1 years of survey experience.
- Minimum of 1 year as an instrument operator.
- Availability to travel for out of town projects when needed.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, with occasional overtime.
- Strong technical and mathematical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy working outdoors.
- Possess the ability to safely perform physically demanding work in all weather conditions.
Education and Experience
HS Diploma or equivalent
1 years of Surveying Experience
Position will primarily be field work and may require travel.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Instrument Person
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000EI
Back to top