Through design, we empower communities and help realize their potential. Our landscape architects create inspired spaces that reflect context and user needs along with our commitment to sustainability. We take a collaborative approach to design and believe that the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
Stantec Landscape Architecture is an award-winning practice with over 225 professional staff practicing in over 40 offices firm-wide. Our landscape architecture practice leads rewarding and transformational assignments and is a key component of Stantec, a 22,000 employee multi-disciplinary practice that is consistently ranked as a top A/E/LA design firm. We offer a collaborative work environment and encourage research and development, creativity and innovation. Our work entails waterfronts, streetscapes, parks and plazas, campus planning and design, naturalized habitats, greenways, cultural facilities, sports venues and transportation enhancements performed in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment. Stantec Landscape Architecture and Planning continues to evolve and is firmly committed to design excellence.
Stantec's Landscape Architecture and Planning Studio is seeking a land planner to join our team in Dallas, Texas! The successful candidate will support the design team in developing a creative design excellence practice with a focus on the urban, local, and regional landscape, and will work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of planners, landscape architects, civil engineers, and other support experts on a wide variety of planning efforts with public and private entities
Our team of designers collaborate daily with internal and external clients to design and implement large scale comprehensive land plans and landscape packages. Our portfolio includes local and national production home builders, private developers and City municipalities. We work closely with our clients to ensure designs are in line with their expectations and cost requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities
We are seeking a land planner to work with senior staff as part of a multi-disciplinary design team including landscape architects, architects, and civil engineers on a wide variety of projects. The successful candidate will assist in a wide variety of activities associated with land planning, technical drawings, due diligence, and entitlements, and land development.
- Assist with research and data collection for use in design and planning process.
- Prepare presentation quality materials for investor books, client exhibits, and municipal submittals, including residential lotting and site plans, working drawings, maps and specifications for land development etc.
- Will work directly with clients to create/advance master plans; small area/corridor plans; site plans; manage the entitlement processes; and implement improvements
- Analyze and develop the most efficient and cost efficient conceptual site designs for residential and commercial real estate development opportunities
- Provide design, project, and task assistance to various production teams
- Work within defined project scopes, budgets and schedules.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent design, graphic, computer, written, and verbal communication skills who is comfortable managing production and design workflow for small teams on a wide variety of projects.
- Candidates should have an understanding and knowledge of the land/site development and planning process and have experience in preparing schedules, and managing the approval process for residential, commercial, retail and mixed-use projects.
- The selected candidate should have an understanding and general knowledge of zoning regulations and approval processes.
- Candidates should have a strong working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, GIS, SketchUp, Lumion, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office.
- The successful candidate is highly motivated and passionate about design, possesses strong time management, critical thinking, organizational skills, and ability to multitask.
- Applicants should be comfortable working within a team environment, as well as being productive independently with limited supervision.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the team.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree of Landscape Architecture or Master's Degree of Landscape Architecture, Urban Design/Planning, Architecture or similar field is required. Candidates with dual degrees in both landscape architecture and urban design or planning are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum 5 years of experience in land planning, entitlements and land development within the state of Texas in a similar fast paced and detail-oriented office environment.
Experience in both the public and private sector, desired but not required.
AICP and/or other certifications from our allied professions (ASLA, AIA, CNU-A, LEED-ND, etc.), desired but not required.
Interested candidates who meet or exceed the above qualifications are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume, and writing/graphic samples of recent work. If collaborative work is shown, credit team members and note your role where applicable. Please send your resume and portfolio (in PDF format) to Carlos.Castro@stantec.com
Typical office environment working with computers. Some travel may be required, such as delivering plans or documents to reviewing agencies or clients or to attend meetings. May occasionally visit study areas, construction sites and/or be exposed to outside elements and inclement weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Urban Planner
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190002O6
Back to top