Land Development Senior Civil Engineer Lead
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec's Nashville, TN office is looking for a motivated Land Development Senior Civil Engineering Leader with strong land development and general civil engineering experience to come join our dynamic team!
The ideal candidate will come with a background of supporting or leading the civil/site engineering aspects for a variety of projects, with a foundation of strong engineering/design skills. He/she will have been exposed to the entire project delivery process, including marketing/business development, client interaction, project management, internal team building and hands on design/engineering supervision.
Your Key Responsibilities:
This role will include serving as the primary contact for our clients and has overall responsibility for the success of all projects. Additionally, the role requires your personal/direct engagement on major & highly visible private development projects (residential, commercial, industrial, institutional and mixed use) and public sector facility projects (parks, schools, etc.,).
The growth of the Nashville Community Development program requires you to source/attract and develop new staff and secure new projects/clients. Stantec and the entire Community Development Leadership are highly motivated and supportive of growing a substantive consulting team in the greater Nashville market.
This position offers career development, the opportunity to expand the practice, and has the potential of participation in our leadership recognition program!
You will be responsible for:
- Sourcing, attracting and developing new staff
- Pursuing and winning new clients and projects
- Organizing and leading project-related meetings and presentations
- Coordinating with clients, team members, sub-consultants, and preparing detailed scope/fee proposals
- Performing planning phase activities, including initial project research and investigations, assessment of project feasibility, and provide input to project team on civil engineering related issues
- Performing and directing all aspects of civil engineering design including layout/geometry, grading, drainage, paving, water, sewer, and erosion control. Projects may include land development (all types/sectors), roadway/intersection design, hydrology/hydraulic stormwater modeling, hydraulic modeling of pipe networks, preparation of construction plans and related design reports
- Preparing complete submission packages, supporting calculations, cost estimates, project schedules, and other duties; effectively facilitate the agency review/approval process
- Supervising construction phase support services, including development of bidding and contract documents, field inspections, progress meetings, final certifications, etc.
- Monitoring and control project progress, staffing, budgets, and methods of analysis and objectives and keep client informed of progress, budget, work progress and challenges
- Planning and execute QA/QC plan for individual projects
Your Capabilities and Credentials
A track record of successful projects, and established network of key relationships in the Nashville land development and A/E/C community
A strong working knowledge of civil engineering design including stormwater, utilities, paving, geometric roadway design, grading and earthwork
A strong working knowledge of the regulatory/permitting process, and track record of successful project approvals and agency relationships
Demonstrated project management and business development experience to nurture existing clients and develop new multi-disciplined opportunities to expand the practice including developing, recommending, and introducing innovation to our clients' projects
Complete understanding of all phases of contract administration and execution, including scope definition, contract terms/conditions, negotiation, financial project management and complete contract performance(schedule and financial)
A strong background in both private and public sector projects including commercial, residential, and mixed-use developments as well as local governmental projects, with the ability to coordinate the entire project effort, client interaction and project management
Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate, and build trust, rapport, and effective working relationships, both internally within a multidisciplinary team and externally, including making presentations to regulatory boards, shortlist selection committees, etc.
An affinity for community involvement and visible local engagement is preferred to help promote the company's services and presence in the region.
Education and Experience
Minimum of 8 (eight) years' experience in relevant civil/site or land development engineering. 10 or more years preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
A Tennessee Professional Engineer (P.E.) license is required or must be able to obtain within first 6 months of employment.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Sarasota
Other Locations: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 180002Y4
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top