Land Development Project Manager
Your Opportunity: We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Your Duties: Position Overview:
Stantec is seeking a talented, team-focused Project Manager to join our team in Austin, Texas (221 West 6th Street). The Project Manager is responsible for management, preparation and coordination and of all technical activities on assigned project. The position plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards, and ensures that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied. The Project Manager ensures completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints. As a licensed professional engineer, the Project Manager has the authority to seal engineering documents. This position is expected to have significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
The Project Manager acts as the designated representative for Client and jurisdictional agency personnel, and coordinates of all internal activities performed by engineering staff.
Typical duties will include but not limited to the preparation of the following:
- Project schedules and forecasts.
- Preparation of plans and reports for project design elements including grading, drainage, utilities, roadways.
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables (QA&QC).
- Monthly project status reports and change orders.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
- Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Budget monitoring and trend tracking.
- Participate in Client/Contractor meetings and resolve technical project issues.
- Ensure effective engineering and Client communications.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Education/Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- 7+ years of engineering experience in site development and familiar with regulatory requirements.
- Experience in all aspects of site engineering, including: water, wastewater, lift stations/FMs, drainage design, and platting.
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- AutoCAD skills required.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top