Junior/Intermediate Water Resources Engineer
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec is seeking a Junior or an Intermediate Water Resources Engineer to support our growing Water practice and be based out of our Ottawa, Ontario location. As the successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities to assist in a wide variety of projects in a dynamic design team setting. You demonstrate excellent communication skills and problem solving abilities along with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is second to none. You will report directly to a Team Leader and support various Project Managers and Project Teams. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited, to the following:
- Assisting the Water Group with preparation of planning-level and detailed-level studies, modeling and detailed design tasks associated with the management of stormwater, wastewater and potable water primarily for municipal clients;
- Using detailed hydrologic and hydraulic modeling tools including software and spreadsheets;
- The preparation of infrastructure master plans, subwatershed plans, floodplain delineation/management analyses, erosion control studies and stormwater management reports;
- Assisting with the environmental monitoring program, including water quality sampling, stream flow measurements, erosion and sediment control inspections, and other field reconnaissance;
- Writing reports and design briefs to document analyses and findings;
- Coordinating with engineers, technical staff and/or multidisciplinary team members to ensure that the projects needs are met in a timely and effective manner; and,
- Other engineering/administrative duties as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
This position will be of interest to recent graduates with their undergraduate degree in engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in civil, water resources, or environmental engineering.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer or Engineer-in-Training in Ontario.
- Experience in assisting with the planning and development of management plans and reports for water supply and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment and/or stormwater management projects.
- A valid driver's license and means of transportation.
- Experience with hydraulic/hydrologic modeling software, ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top