Junior/Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Your Opportunity: Our Buildings Engineering group specializes in the design and development processes unique to buildings. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the specific needs of a range of building projects. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. For both public and private sector clients, we provide unique plan checking capabilities as well as energy engineering and performance engineering services, covering each of the major engineering disciplines-structural, mechanical, and electrical. Focused on providing cost-effective solutions to engineering challenges, we are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, and commissioning. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Your Duties: An opportunity exists in our St John's, NL office for a Junior/Intermediate Mechanical Engineer. Our office provides services in all aspects of commercial and institutional building design including HVAC, LEED and Energy Efficient design. In this role, your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Commercial Mechanical Design - including HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and control system design with a focus on a superior built environment and energy efficiency.
- Building system commissioning and the development of operation and maintenance best practices for new and existing buildings.
- Complete energy audits to identify potential energy efficiency measures, utility demand and consumption analysis.
- Mentoring less experienced engineering staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Post- secondary degree as a Mechanical Engineer from an accredited university.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a consulting environment, with a specialization in mechanical/energy consulting.
- Eligibility for registration as a P. Eng. with a Canadian Professional Engineering Association.
- Key areas of experience will include HVAC and controls system design, construction cost estimating, contract administration, energy efficiency analysis, and writing technical reports and proposals.
- Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft ® Excel and Microsoft ® Word, is required.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top