Junior/Intermediate Deswik Drafter
Your Opportunity: At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we help wherever we can. The goals of our clients and their communities remain at the center of everything we create. Join our community, and help us get mined materials to the global communities who need them. Help us connect with our stakeholders and build lasting relationships.
Your Duties: Our Global Mining team has a need for Junior or Intermediate Deswik Drafter, based out of our office in Tempe, AZ. You would work with various internal clients in producing high-quality drawings for underground and surface mining operations.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Understanding and working per the requirements of the Stantec Safety As a Stantec employee you are expected to make a personal commitment towards preserving the health and safety of all our employees. You will demonstrate your commitment to safety on a daily basis through actions and involvement in our employees' work, by ensuring compliance to the company safety programs and initiatives, and strictly adhering to rules, regulations and procedures. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our goal of zero harm within our operations.
- Working in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its
- Ensuring all applicable safety codes, regulations, and guidelines are met by appropriate design and use of
- Review and analysis of drawings for possible safety and constructibility problems prior to issue to clients
- Contribution to the preparation of quality technical Deswik drawings to Stantec Mining standards, using preset templates (e.g., title blocks, layer structure), with required supervision commensurate with your level of experience.
- Understanding and incorporation of redlines into drawings using Deswik.
- Coordination of/participation in the preparation of project designs and details.
- Participation in project meetings.
- Perform various office tasks as required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: As the ideal candidate, you have:
- Graduate of Technical or College in Design/Drafting, or University or the ability to demonstrate sufficient knowledge received from previous experience in a similar position.
- 1-5+ years of specific experience in your discipline.
- Proficiency in Deswik (or familiarity with Deswik and proficiency in similar design software), AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of CAD drafting standards / systems.
- Knowledge of 3D software such as Revit, SmartPlant, and SolidWorks is an asset along with the use of 3D software to produce project drawings.
- Ability to scan / print drawings and to use FTP or database software to upload and download design drawings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Confidence and ability to search, locate, and organize information in a network environment.
- Initiative to be a self-starter and ability to work in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment and flexibility when juggling numerous projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- High degree of confidentiality.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top