Junior/Intermediate Civil Technologist
Your Opportunity We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we are part of the community too and we care about the places where we live and the connections between them just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Your Duties Our Atlantic Infrastructure Group has immediate requirements for Intermediate & Junior Civil Technologists in our St. John's office. This is a great developmental opportunity where you can gain design and field experience in urban, municipal and transportation aspects of civil engineering technology. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who can work in a team environment and want to be involved in exciting local, regional, national and international projects.
In this role, your responsibilities may include:
- Preparing functional, preliminary and detailed design engineering drawings.
- Geometric design of Roadways, Site Developments and Municipal Infrastructure.
- Creating 3D earthwork, road and underground utility pipe models in Civil 3D.
- Quantity calculations and construction cost estimates.
- Working in a team environment with Project Managers, designers, other CADD staff and coordination with other disciplines.
- Importing/exporting/processing survey data.
- Preparation of construction tender/contract documents.
- Providing technical support in the context of Transportation and Municipal Engineering.
- Providing field construction observation and inspection and administrating contracts.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Civil Engineering Technology diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution;
- Membership as, or eligibility to become a Certified Engineering Technologist with the local Technologist Association;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a design role related to municipal /transportation activities required for Intermediate Technologist;
- Minimum 1 year of experience in CADD for Junior Technologist;
- Experience and proficiency in one or more of the following software packages: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, InRoads is required;
- Experience and aptitude working in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word & Excel);
- Experience and aptitude to work in the following software packages would be considered an asset: AutoTURN, AutoCAD Map 3D, ArcGIS, StormCAD, WaterCAD; and
- Experience and/or interest in working on field survey data collection including using High Precision GPS and Total Station equipment is an asset.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top