Junior Railway Engineer
Your Opportunity Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An immediate opening exists in our Markham Transportation group for Junior Railway Designer / Engineer. Our intent is to grow this practice area significantly across the company, and this is an opportunity to assist in developing our rapidly growing business
Your Duties Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Design track and railway infrastructure in accordance with AREMA, CN, CP and GO Transit track standards.
- Development and production of horizontal and vertical track alignment designs, cross sections, special trackwork detailing, setting out and railway embankment grading and drainage drawings.
- Development and production of regulatory drawings for at-grade road/rail crossings
- Quality control checking of track designs and drawing packages prior to submission.
- Work collaboratively with senior track engineers and multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Preparation of design calculations, design briefs, presentation, and reports.
- Calculation of quantities and preparation of cost estimates.
- Preparation of project specifications for materials and construction.
- Assisting in preparing tender documents and construction administration activities.
- Comply with Stantec Quality Management, Safety, and Environmental policies
- Conducting the fieldwork, as required, involving design development, performing periodic inspections and preparation of as built conditions.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Preferably 3 to 5 years' experience in railway track engineering
- Technical understanding of track alignment and track form design for standard trackwork, special trackwork, ballasted and non-ballasted track and associated grading and drainage
- Experience with grading, drainage, and track alignment design for mainlines, sidings, industrial yards and spur tracks, intermodal and transload facilities, subway, commuter and light rail transit
- Familiarity with AREMA, Class 1 Railroad and Light Rail Transit design.
- Ability to complete conceptual plans, preliminary & detailed designs.
- Preferred Software experience - AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited University engineering program, or equivalent
- P.Eng. eligible in the province of Ontario.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top