Your Opportunity The Stantec Community Development team brings together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Your Duties Our Waterloo office has an opportunity for a full-time Junior Planner. As a key member of the team you will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day execution of planning projects as required for project deliverables. The Waterloo office offers a wide range of exciting planning projects in both the private and public sectors . You will be part of a team contributing to planning projects from site planning to subdivision plans, official plan and zoning by-law reviews, master planning and community improvement plans, along with a team of planners, landscape architects, urban designers and engineers. Your efforts will be recognized through continued professional development, a competitive compensation package and a great work environment. Job responsibility may include:
- Direct involvement in the development and approvals of all types of planning related applications from master planned communities, Official Plan Amendments and rezoning applications to site plan and draft plan approvals and associated consent and minor variance processes.
- Preparation of planning related reports including Planning Justification Reports, Compatibility Studies and Urban Design Briefs.
- Assistance with the organization of the planning processes including planning of public meetings, coordination of technical information and preparation of presentation materials.
- Preparation of subdivision plans and site plans incorporating zoning, official plan, urban design and engineering requirements.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- You have a degree in Urban Planning or an academic equivalent
- Canadian Institute of Planners and the Ontario Professional Planners Institute Membership or eligibility for membership is required
- Minimum 2 years' experience
- A background in land development and municipal planning is key to this role
- Knowledge of Provincial planning legislation and Policy Statements, Municipal Official Plans and Community Design Plans, Zoning Bylaws and Development Permit By-laws, integrated community sustainable planning and other land use instruments
- Strong visual communication and design skills. Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and advanced technical report writing skills that allow you to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, approval authorities, and the public.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top