Junior Mechanical Technician/Technologist
Your Opportunity With decades of experience, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built.
Focused on providing cost-effective solutions to engineering challenges, we are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, and commissioning. Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency.
Our Dartmouth, NS office has an immediate need for a Junior Mechanical Building Services Technician / Technologist. This individual will join our mechanical buildings engineering team supporting design and engineering work in the commercial, government, institutional and industrial sectors.
Your Duties As the successful candidate, your responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the design of building related mechanical systems including HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems across Canada using applicable codes, standards, and reference materials.
- Prepare contract drawings, schematics, schedules, details, and sketches from conceptual design through to construction.
- Produce aspects of mechanical design and drawings in REVIT MEP, as well as in AutoCAD.
- Review equipment selections, perform preliminary engineering calculations, and develop preliminary designs.
- Facilitate and ensure the quality of the project deliverables.
- Follow production guidelines and project standards to Stantec and Client drafting guidelines
- Review shop drawings and other contractor submittals for compliance with construction documents.
- Perform field surveys for drawing developments, site reviews and as recorded drawings.
- Communicate with other team members and become familiar with Stantec standards to complete assignments and projects in a timely manner as required by the Project Manager, Discipline Lead or Supervisor.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Diploma from an Architectural Engineering Technician, Architectural Drafting or similar program.
- Proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD is required, Autodesk Revit ® is preferred.
- Knowledge or familiarity using Autodesk Revit® and AutoCAD software in drafting and design of buildings related projects would be an asset.
- Knowledge or experience with building mechanical systems would be an asset.
- Prior experience in the construction industry would be an asset.
- Knowledge or familiarity with National Building Codes, plumbing codes, fire codes, energy codes and would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge or familiarity with LEED standards, ASHRAE, ASPE and NFPA would be considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with colleagues and staff; a "team player" approach.
- Self-motivated and self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Good time management skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Eager to learn with strong listening, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top