Junior Lighting Designer
Your Opportunity: Our Buildings Engineering group specializes in the design and development processes unique to buildings. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the specific needs of a range of building projects. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. For both public and private sector clients, we provide unique capabilities covering each of the major engineering disciplines - structural, mechanical and electrical - as well as energy engineering and performance engineering services. Focused on providing the most efficient solutions to engineering challenges, we are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, and commissioning. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Stantec Lighting Design is an award winning, Toronto based design consultancy-studio within the Stantec Consulting firm. We are currently seeking to fill a full-time Junior Lighting Designer position with a minimum of 2+ years of lighting design experience and who has chosen Lighting Design as their career path. The Junior Lighting Designer position requires a candidate that is passionate about design, detail oriented, and has the ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and milestone deliverables that is typical of the lighting design and construction industry.
Your Duties: At Stantec Lighting Design, we strive to create a fun and collaborative working environment where open communication is a priority. We promote constant learning through sharing project experiences and seek inspiration from all forms of collaborative design.
Example of daily tasks Includes:
- Lighting Conceptual Concepts
- Drafting - CAD drawings RCPs and Details
- Lighting studies and reports using AGI32
- Lighting power density calculations and simple budget calculations
- Luminaire research, mockup and assessments
- Lighting layouts
- Compiling lighting specifications (luminaire schedules, cutsheets)
- Assist in putting together presentations using PowerPoint, etc, text
- Communicating with manufacturer, reps, and Architects-Clients
- Team player - Organized - Passionate about this career
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Recently Graduated from an accredited institution with a focus in Lighting Design
- AutoCAD, Revit
- AGI32 - Creating 3D calculation model, running lighting studies, evaluation of luminaire photometry
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
- With the following skills an asset:
- 3D modeling programs: 3D CAD, SketchUp, 3DMax, etc.
- Hand sketching / rendering capability
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top