Junior Landscape Architect
We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Transforming land into a residential or mixed-use community, or a public space with parks and trails, requires a mix of technical skill and creative vision, as well as insight into development. Our approach to community development forms wildlife habitat, restores wetlands for future generations, and builds neighborhoods where bicyclists ride on trails and families picnic in parks. By creating unique spaces that respond to the land and the people who use them, we're bringing community to life.
Providing landscape architecture services for sites, neighborhoods, communities, land regions, our Landscape Architects are comprised of collaborative, creative, and visionary professionals who creates high-quality environments that are functional, innovative, appropriate, and attractive. Our Landscape Architects have opportunities to provide holistic approaches to services such as urban and streetscape design; parks, open space, greenways; sustainable community development; environmental rehabilitation and restoration; detail support for transportation projects; as well as cycling, pedestrian and trail systems. At Stantec, we believe that a multi-disciplinary approach provides opportunities for solutions that are more innovative and unique. Our staff benefit from the support of scientists, engineers, designers and planners from a range of disciplines and practices.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of project in collaboration with our intermediate and senior professional staff. The Ottawa office provides consulting services to private and government clients across Ottawa and surrounding region. This is a multidisciplinary office providing services in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Land Development, Transportation and Environmental Infrastructure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Intermediate and Senior Landscape Architects with the preparation of design and construction drawings;
- Assist design team in the preparation of cost estimates, budgets, and construction take offs;
- Conduct Site Investigations and Construction Inspections;
- Prepare Presentation Drawings;
- Work within a multidisciplinary team.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Degree in Landscape Architecture or similar, relevant certification;
- Minimum of 1 to 4 years of experience in a Landscape Architectural office;
- High Proficiency in AutoCAD and Civil 3D;
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of designs and construction documents;
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign with experience working with 3D rendering software an asset (Sketch-up, 3D Max);
- Fast freehand plan, section, and vignette sketching would be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated industry practice knowledge and commitment to excellence in customer service;
- Landscape construction knowledge is considered an asset;
- Strong verbal and written communications and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in English or French. Bilingualism is an advantage.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 1
Discipline Community Development
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top