Junior / Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Your Opportunity Our Mining team has a need for Junior or Intermediate Engineering and Design staff in Civil/Structural, Mechanical and Electrical disciplines, based out of our office in Tempe AZ. You would work with various clients in completing feasibility studies and detailed engineering projects for underground and surface mining operations.
Your Key Responsibilities HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Understanding and working per the requirements of the Stantec Safety As a Stantec employee you are expected to make a personal commitment towards preserving the health and safety of all our employees. You will demonstrate your commitment to safety on a daily basis through actions and involvement in our employees' work, by ensuring compliance to the company safety programs and initiatives, and strictly adhering to rules, regulations and procedures. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our goal of zero harm within our operations.
- Working in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its
- Ensuring all applicable safety codes, regulations and guidelines are met by appropriate design and use of
- Review and analysis of drawings for possible safety and constructability problems prior to issue to clients;
- Contribution to the preparation of quality technical documents and/or drawings to Stantec Mining standards.
- Contribution to/completion of design calculations, equipment/material specifications and data sheets, discipline design drawings etc. with required supervision commensurate with your level of experience.
- Working with a multi-discipline engineering and design team on a day-to-day basis.
- Coordinating of/participating in the preparation of project designs and details.
- Participation in project meetings.
- Perform various office tasks as required to deliver a quality product on schedule
- Proficiency with MicroStation, or engineering software such as ETAP, Cesar, or STAAD is a requirement depending on the role and discipline.
- Knowledge of 3D software such as Revit, SmartPlant, and SolidWorks is an asset along with the use of 3D software to produce project drawings.
- You must be a self-starter and be able to work in a team setting.
1-5+ years of heavy industrial and/or mining specific experience in your discipline.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top