At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Your Opportunity Stantec is seeking a Junior Hydrogeologist to join our team of Hydrogeologists and Water Resources professionals in our Tampa, Sarasota, Deerfield Beach and West Palm Beach offices.
This position will consist of a 90/10 mix of field and office assignments, respectively. Fieldwork will include serving as team member working on water sampling, water quality data acquisition, water well rehabilitation, chemical treatment and water well system construction testing projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Adhere to safe work practices and company /client guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner
- Conduct water sampling and water quality field evaluations
- Support writing of technical proposals and report preparation
- Design and complete environmental assessments
- Conduct aquifer testing and data analysis
- Perform groundwater and contaminant transport modeling
- Conduct dye tracing and karst terrain characterization
- Interpret analytical laboratory results and environmental data
- Support drilling and soil sampling programs
- Develop conceptual site models
- Perform geologic and hydrogeologic investigation
- Perform data analysis and data visualization utilizing GIS and three-dimensional earth visualization software
- Provide technical oversight of contractors
- Support Project Manager's planning, execution, and delivery of hydrogeology-related projects
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Some design, permitting, inspection and construction management experience for water supply, monitoring, deep injection and ASR well systems
- Some experience with the oversight of water supply or deep injection well installation contractors
- Some experience with development of hydrogeological characterizations including large well design, groundwater aquifer modeling, characterization, water quality analysis, aquifer test design and analyses, data analyses and technical report writing
- Some experience with processing appropriate paperwork and interacting with clients
- Excellent organizational, technical, leadership, written and oral/written communication and attention to detail skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe and database software platforms
- Must pass drug test, background check, physical, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving policy
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to work in the field in semi-remote locations
0 - 3 + years of experience as a Hydrogeologist or Water Resource Engineer
Minimum of a B.S. in Geology is required with M.S. preferred
FL Geologist in Training (GIT) professional registration is preferred, but not required
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top