Junior GIS Analyst
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec's Water sector has an immediate opportunity for a junior level GIS Analyst. This position will be based out of Naples, Sarasota, Tampa, or Jacksonville.
Responsible for providing GIS services to external and/or internal clients in a shared services environment. Requires application of technical knowledge to determine client needs and proposes optimal GIS solutions to meet business needs. Work follows established procedures and guidelines. Work is assigned to develop skills.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Creation of spatial data sets; prepare maps, figures, and exhibits
- Provide spatial data management; utilize geo-processing and data analysis tools to explore the relationships between spatial data features
- Develop GIS workflows for business operations; and apply GIS best practices on engineering and environmental projects for internal and external clients. Tasks and responsibilities will be varied and assigned based on knowledge and experience.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient working knowledge of ESRI software products and tools
- Understanding of cartographic design, GIS map creation, geodatabase design, and feature/attribute editing
- Ability to work in diverse work setting, within team environments, and independently as needed
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and ability to interact with others
- Work outside the typical office environment as needed
- Provide on-site GIS/IM support at client or other Stantec offices as needed
- Work on Windows operating system and Microsoft Office products (Word, Access, Excel)
- Ability to travel overnight or for short durations as needed
- Additional competencies and experiences which would be ideal:
- Previous employment experience in water, wastewater, stormwater, or electric utilities preferred.
- GIS web and application development aptitude and/or experience
- Understanding of Mobile GIS; data collection methods, Trimble GPS, ESRI Collect app, Survey 123, etc.
- Ability to working in a multi office team environment
- Ability to work with a variety of people and professions with tact, courtesy, and professionalism
- Ability to communicate clearly via, phone, instant message, email, and in person, to both internal and external clients
- Ability to adapt to change in deadlines, project scope, and tasks
- Ability to travel for projects and assignments; typical duration a few days to several weeks
- Willing to work non-tradition hours as needed
- Maintain high regard for personal safety
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in GIS or related field. Minimum of 2 years of experience..
Position will work in both a field and office setting.
Incumbents are expected to travel 15-25% of the time; trips may include one or multiple overnight stays.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Naples
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Florida-Tampa, United States-Florida-Sarasota
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000WK
Back to top