Junior Environmental Technologist/Engineer
Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties Stantec's Burnaby office has an opportunity for a Junior Environmental Technologist/Engineer to work within our Site Investigation and Remediation practice.
Reporting to the Team Leader your responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Planning, supporting and conducting site assessments (e.g., Phase I ESA, Phase II ESA)
- Conducting drilling programs including soil logging and sampling
- Conducting surface water and groundwater sampling
- Assisting with the operation and calibration of testing equipment
- Completing detailed technical reports
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals for the above-noted types of projects
- Travel within Canada and the U.S. (primarily Western Canada) will be required
Your Capabilities and Credentials The successful candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary training, course work, diploma or degree pertaining to environmental technology/engineering
- Thorough knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with, sampling techniques (soil, groundwater, surface water, soil vapour) and testing/sampling protocols
- Demonstrated experience with taking charge of, and directing, sub-contractors to drive investigation and remediation programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including exceptional MS Office skills
- Strong note-taking skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as in a team environment is crucial
- A minimum of two years of directly applicable experience
- A valid driver's license and vehicle is required
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top