Junior Engineering Technologist/Technician (Transportation/Roads)
Your Opportunity: The Stantec community unites more than 22,000 specialists working in over 400 locations. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to make transportation, infrastructure, and energy and resource projects happen. Our work-professional consulting in planning, engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, and project management -begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships.
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination - our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of highway, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our Waterloo office is currently seeking a Junior Civil (Transportation) Engineering Technologist to join our team, assisting project managers, technical staff and multi-discipline specialists in the completion of arterial road projects.
Your Duties: Responsibilities include:
- Participating in the design and preparation of engineering drawings and displays.
- Engineering calculations.
- Organizing and maintaining a design and CADD digital file database for each project.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Civil Engineering Technology diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Member, or eligibility for registration with The Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technologists and Technicians.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) as well as good relationship building skills with respect to your interactions with team members, clients and contractors.
- Developable skills in AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word and Excel is required.
- Experience with MicroStation and InRoads software will be considered an asset.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple projects, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines while work independently.
- A strong work ethic with the desire to excel and to achieve.
- Willingness to learn and a motivated team player.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top