Junior Engineering Technologist/Technician (Transportation/Roads)
Your Opportunity The Stantec community unites more than 22,000 specialists working in over 400 locations. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to make transportation, infrastructure, and energy and resource projects happen. Our work-professional consulting in planning, engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, and project management -begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships.
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination - our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of highway, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
We are actively seeking a Transportation Engineering Technologist based in our Transportation Infrastructure Group in Hamilton. This group provides consulting services for Class Environmental Assessment, Preliminary Design, and Detail Design projects for public sector clients, including the Ministry of Transportation Ontario and several Ontario Southwest/GTA municipalities.
Your Duties Your Duties:
As a Transportation Engineering Technologist, you will be involved in the planning and design of major provincial highways, interchanges, and local municipal roads in Ontario. You will be responsible for assisting project managers in the following areas:
- Developing alignments, profiles, typical cross-sections, and grading cross-sections
- Roadside safety design and roadway drainage design
- Quantity calculations and cost estimating
Your Capabilities and Credentials Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Experience with highway and roadway design related software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, and InRoads
- Working knowledge of relevant roadway and highway design guides, such as the MTO Geometric Design Guide for Ontario Highways, and the TAC Geometric Design Guide
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top