Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to hydropower, dams, locks and navigation projects, we design with the next generation in mind. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized waterpower and dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world's most impactful waterpower and dam projects-projects vital to both local and global communities.
As part of the Stantec Inc, Stantec Power designs, develops, and delivers engineering, procurement, and construction solutions for high voltage substation projects across North America from our Canadian and US offices.
Stantec Power has exciting full time career opportunities for Junior Drafter. As part of our positive and dynamic multi-discipline team environment, the successful candidate will be engaging in the design/drafting and documentation of customer substations. Based in our Burnaby office, the candidate is responsible for the timely delivery of high quality design drawings for projects in British Columbia as well as throughout Canada and the US.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Understanding and translating engineering sketches and markups into properly documented drawings in applicable electronic and/or manual formats with high efficiency
- Ensuring drawings are produced with accuracy and in accordance with applicable drafting codes and standards
- Qualified candidate may be asked to perform design works in different disciplines under supervision of engineer
- Assisting the designers/engineers in preparation of final project document such as IFF, IFT, IFC and Record
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Familiar with BC Hydro AutoCAD drafting standards and practices
- Proficient in Microstation V8i, AutoCAD 2016/2019, AutoCAD Rater Design, etc. and Microsoft Office tools
- Strong knowledge or direct experience of substation design in Telecom would be an asset
- Soild experience of Inventor or similar 3D design software would be an asset
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English with writing, oral and speaking
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks and manage time appropriately
Education and Experience
- Drafting diploma from a recognized technical institute or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of direct drafting/design experience in AutoCAD on high voltage substation with focus on Telecom and P&C
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 20000054
Back to top