Junior Civil Engineer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected. Your Opportunity Stantec's Southern New England Transportation group has an immediate need for Civil Engineers with an interest in roadway/highway design and utility design. The positions are located in our Burlington, Massachusetts office. This entry-level position is for an individual that understands Civil Engineering design fundamentals from education, internship, co-op, or other work experience. You will have an opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and diverse transportation projects in the region.
We are looking for Civil Engineers who have a positive attitude, are fast learners, and enjoy working in a team environment. The successful candidates will join a growing team of transportation professionals and contribute to the highway design component of roadway and bridge projects throughout Massachusetts and New England.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Use AutoCAD Civil 3D on a daily basis to support the design development process
- Prepare design calculations and quantity take-offs for construction cost estimates.
- Perform project research and analyze/present data in tabular or graphic format.
- Contribute to engineering reports and technical studies.
- Conduct field visits during the design development process.
- Attend client, agency and public meetings to see the different phases of a project first-hand.
- Receive training and mentorship.
- Be a valued member of project teams.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- EIT minimum.
- Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Use of internet and software tools to enhance efficiency.
- Pro-active attitude, attention to detail, desire to learn, punctual, and organized.
- Ability to work independently when required.
BS degree in Civil Engineering.
1+ years experience from internships, co-ops or current position.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top