Junior CADD Technician
Your Opportunity: Our Atlantic Infrastructure Group has immediate requirements for a Junior CADD Technician in our Fredericton office. This position is to complement our growing Bridge Team who is actively involved in bridge projects all over Atlantic Canada, and with the potential to work on other National and International projects. We are looking for a highly-motivated individual who can work in a team environment and wants to be involved in exciting Local, Regional, National and International projects.
Your Duties: In this role, your responsibilities may include:
- Preparing functional, preliminary and detailed design engineering drawings for bridge projects.
- Creating 3D models in Civil 3D.
- Quantity calculations and construction cost estimates.
- Working in a team environment with Project Managers, designers, other CADD staff and coordination with other disciplines.
- Importing/exporting/processing survey data.
- Preparation of construction tender/contract drawings.
- Providing technical support in the context of Bridge Engineering.
- Providing field construction observation and inspection and administrating contracts.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Civil Engineering Technology diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution;
- Membership as, or eligibility to become a Certified Engineering Technologist with the local Technologist Association;
- Minimum 1 year of experience in CADD for Junior Technician;
- Experience and proficiency in one or more of the following software packages: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, InRoads is required;
- Experience and aptitude working in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word & Excel); and
- Experience and/or interest using High Precision GPS and Total Station equipment is an asset.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top