Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are looking to expand our archaeological team. Entry level, full time archaeologist position based out of the Quesnel or Prince George office. Work will take place throughout British Columbia, in various industries.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Participate in identifying and recording areas of archeological potential, archaeological sites, and traditional use sites.
- Work closely with a Field Director/Supervisor to make technical recommendations for cultural resources management.
- Collect field data.
- Participate in preliminary field reconnaissance surveys and archaeological impact assessments.
- Assist in archaeological monitoring and excavations.
- Manage field equipment.
- Actively participate in Stantec's HSSE programs.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Interest in cultural resource management.
- Willingness to learn identification of traditional use sites & features, CMTs, and lithic artifacts.
- Willingness to learn mapping, pedestrian surveys, subsurface testing, excavation, data collection.
- Dedicated to following and promoting a strong safety culture.
- Able to work away from home/stay in hotels or camps for periods of up to 2 weeks during the field season (May-Nov).
- Desire to work closely with other environmental professionals and First Nations.
- A valid class 5 driver's license is preferred
Education and Experience
A Bachelor's degree in Anthropology or Archaeology is required.
As an entry level position, previous cultural resource management experience is not required. Participation in an archaeological field school is seen as an asset.
Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Quesnel
Other Locations: Canada-British Columbia-Prince George
Employee Status: Contract
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000U7
Back to top