- Wavre, Belgium
Stantec International Development, based in La Hulpe, is the Stantec unit that provides consulting services to international institutions, such as the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB) and EU bilateral donors such as DFID. Our services include design, procurement and construction supervision for water and wastewater, energy and climate change projects as well as management support, monitoring and evaluation of large investment programmes. Our main geographical focus lies on Europe, Africa and other developing countries.
For our Finance team in La Hulpe, consisting of 5 Finance professionals, we are looking for a Junior Accountant. In this dynamic position you support the team in all the various tasks related to Accounts Payable. You will work in an international context with vendor invoices from all over the world. As a Junior Accountant you report to the Finance/Accounting Manager, based in La Hulpe.
You are responsible for:
- Handling, processing and booking of vendor invoices;
- Payment process of vendor invoices and expense claims;
- Handle electronic banking platform (Isabel);
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts;
- Process bank transactions/entries;
- Assist accountant in ad hoc returns;
- Cooperation with Project Assistants and Project Managers within the Operation.
- A degree in Accounting;
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in accounting role is an advantage;
- Familiar with Accounting software and MS Office, particularly Excel;
- Strong communication skills, positive minded, team player;
- Positive attitude, able to work independent, produce effective and systematic solutions;
- Able to work in an environment where deadlines are important;
- Good command of English and French;
- A real 'team player', trustworthy, efficient and organized.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So when we take on a project we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
This position will take place in our office in La Hulpe, Belgium. If you are meeting the above requirements and ready to work in a fast-growing department and in an international environment, please submit your detailed CV (in English only) and motivation letter through our website http://www.stantec.com/careers
Belgium, Belgium-La Hulpe
Back to top