ITS Technical Advisor
- Doha, Qatar
Stantec is currently looking for an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) senior advisor who will work with Ashghal's Road Maintenance Department (RMD) to establish the programme management processes and systems to facilitate the RMD to deliver its programme of ITS improvements.
The candidate would provide technical expertise to the overall ITS program implementation under the direction of the newly formed ITS Coordination and Monitoring Committee and drive Ashghal's effort to achieve the committee's Terms of Reference and objectives. Currently Ashghal Asset Affairs is managing the following projects:
• Development of the Road Management Centre (RMC) software
• Area Wide Network (Fiber Optic Communication Network)
• Several Large ITS implementation projects
• Operation and Maintenance Framework Contract for ITS in Qatar
The candidate would bring extensive experience successfully implementing similar programs working on the governmental, client or the contractor side, which would be essential to navigate this complex task and effectively deliver the ITS program.
The candidate is also expected to support Ashghal's strategic discussions with the Ministry of Interior (MOI), Ministry of Transport (MOT), Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy, Qatar National Broadband Network (QNBN), and other relevant stakeholders.
The senior technical advisor candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provides technical ITS advice and expertise into the various road infrastructure projects
- Review the policies and procedures across ITS delivery (e.g. Handover) and propose improvements
- Identify gaps in overall ITS implementation plan, propose corrective actions, innovation for bringing in modern best practices, and report to senior management.
- Carry out reviews / audits of ITS systems and infrastructure for road projects in accordance with Qatar and international standards, specifications and procedures.
- Support Ashghal and stakeholders in preparing for operating and maintaining new ITS schemes as they approach their go-live date
ITS Technical Advisor
• Minimum 20 years of Post Qualification experience working with ITS
• Experience in the design and operation of ITS infrastructure. In depth knowledge of ITS design standards and procedures.
• Experience in the operation and maintenance requirements of ITS infrastructure
• Experience with electrical, electronics, telecommunications systems as related to ITS
• Able to both define and analyse a problem, is self-motivated and well organised
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills including fluency in Arabic. The ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences is a must
• Strong organisational, presentation, and customer service skills
• Advanced technical knowledge and an understanding of the State of Qatar's environment and specific requirements.
Operations and Maintenance
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top