IT Facilities Manager
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Your Duties: Reporting to the Director, IT Managed Operations, the IT Facilities Manager will be responsible for the leadership of the IT Facilities Team, for the day to day maintenance and management of our Corporate IT facilities and corporate backup tools/processes, and ensuring a consistent level of delivery of these services at Stantec. This includes all aspects of managing the physical corporate facilities which would include: management of corporate onsite and collocated data center locations, power and cooling, building access management, environmental monitoring, corporate backup tools/process and leadership in evolving the existing IT Disaster Recovery program.
- Managing the Facilities team which has responsibility for corporate data centers and disaster recovery sites;
- Overall leadership of the team including (annual and bi-annual team performance evaluations, mentorship and development of the team, timecard management and approvals etc.);
- Working closely with the Director, to set team goals and then provide long term guidance and oversight to assure they are delivered and in-sync with overall Stantec IT goals and objectives;
- Develop and manage yearly operating budgets;
- Collaborate with peer Managers on projects, providing mentorship and sharing of information to expand knowledge;
- Contract and vendor management;
- Working closely with the team's Operational lead to oversee corporate production and disaster recovery data centers activities such as daily maintenance and configuration, facilities access, shipping and receiving, equipment procurement and warranty monitoring;
- Working with remote staff to oversee and provide direction for onsite / colocation datacenter activities in US / UK / AU
- Assist and lead activities associated with the new corporate data center. Provide oversight in data center setup and physical migration activities related to the move into the new corporate data center;
- Along with the team Operational lead oversee the planning and continued evolution of Stantec's global corporate data backup solutions;
- Provide planning and management leadership for data center and backup solutions integration as related to future acquisitions;
- Provide primary leadership in evolving the existing IT Disaster Recovery program for Stantec corporate IT. This will involve oversight, planning, documentation, coordinating, twice yearly DRP testing and evolving the plan to consider Stantec's ever expanding global presence. Over time this aspect of the role is expected to evolve into a separate dedicated role; and
- As needed, provide assistance in planning and management of activities outside the realm of IT facilities management.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Post-secondary education in Computing, Post-secondary education in Business Administration;
- At least 10 years of progressive experience within IT roles and a minimum of 5-7 years' related experience primarily focusing in IT facilities management;
- A Minimum of 5 years of IT management experience at a corporate level, with leadership, coaching and mentoring skills;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate level IT Disaster recovery planning and management;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present to various levels within the organization; and
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top