- Ann Arbor, MI
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
As an Intern based in our Ann Arbor, MI office, you will work in a team environment and have exposure to water infrastructure projects. Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking or have taken water resources or water-treatment-type courses. This is a terrific opportunity for a college student to support a number of exciting local and national projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Applying formulas to routine calculations
- Preparing spreadsheets and graphs for engineers
- Assisting with site inspections and observations
- Performing AutoCAD work, and researching materials and manufacturer equipment
- Will also assist with report preparation and routine office tasks such as photocopying and collating drawing. May possibly include some fieldwork assisting with data gathering for various projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Desired software applications include: AutoCAD and ArcView/GIS
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must have good organizational skills, be reliable, detail orientated and capable of taking initiative
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and programs, are a plus
Education and Experience
Must be a college student candidate for Civil and/or Environmental Engineering degree or other technical discipline
Experience working with public agencies an/or municipal government a plus
Previous internship or co-op experience in similar type work a plus
Valid drivers license required
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Ann Arbor
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002OO
Back to top