Intern - Environmental Services
- Eagle River, AK
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that is critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
The Anchorage, Alaska office of Stantec is seeking an Environmental Science Intern to join our multi-disciplinary team of integrated environmental professionals, each committed to delivering sound and strategic consulting services to a range of local, regional, state and federal clients. You will support the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of various environmental compliance and remediation projects. If working on challenging projects and working on teams aimed at delivering solutions to some of Alaska's most complex environmental issues appeal to you, join us.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide support for projects involving environmental site characterization, environmental remediation, and environmental compliance
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams on environmental projects in South Central Alaska, and potential locations throughout Alaska.
- Support field work as directed by senior team members.
- Coordinate with subcontracted laboratories and drillers
- Assist with data management and preparation of design documents, permit packages, work plans, reports, tables, and figures.
- Administrative tasks (file management, budget tracking, document control and distribution, etc.)
- Follow established standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees while completing entry-level and routine assignments.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
understanding of all phases of technical report and document production
- Generalknowledge of sampling techniques (Soil, groundwater, surface water), aswell as testing/sampling protocols
- Knowledgeof technical specifications, GIS mapping and analysis
- Strongdocumentation, note-taking skills, attention to detail and asset
- Ability tocheck own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meetproject budget and schedule
- Recognizeswhen technical problems are developing and initiates appropriatecorrective actions
- Ability toparticipate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage increative and critical thought
- Ability tocommunicate in a professional and positive manner, both in writing and inperson, with clients, employees and visitors
Education and Experience
- Enrolled in a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) program in EnvironmentalScience, Water Resources, Geology, Hydrogeology or Engineering program
- Valid Driver's license required
- Preference for a student who has had a prior internship or co-op term
Field work may include exposure to the
elements including inclement weather. Typical office environment working
with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: United States-Alaska-Anchorage
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000MZ
Back to top