The Sacramento, Calif., office of Stantec is seeking a part-time Engineering Intern to join our multi-disciplinary team of integrated water resources professionals, each committed to delivering sound and strategic consulting services to a range of local, regional, state and federal clients. If working on challenging projects and working on teams aimed at delivering solutions to some of California's most complex water resource opportunities appeal to you, join us.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Gain and apply experience in California water resources including river systems/water-related infrastructure, applicable laws/policies/regulations, and understanding of operations of the Central Valley Project and State Water Project.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams on water resources projects throughout California and the western U.S.
- Conduct technical evaluations supporting planning and design of water supply, flood control, and environmental restoration projects.
- Coordinate with project managers, project engineers and staff, clients, regulatory agencies, and subcontractors.
- Perform project administration including preparing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, completing progress reports, and conducting project management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- In progress toward earning a Bachelor's degree (minimum) or Master's degree in civil/environmental engineering, water resources engineering, or related field; with a minimum of 2 years of related undergraduate coursework.
- Specific coursework or exposure to one or more of the following:
- Water allocation, reservoir operation, water system hydrologic and temperature models.
- Modeling the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta.
- Development of criteria to evaluate system performance or ecosystem health.
- Engineering feasibility analyses and design.
- Hydrology and hydraulics.
- Integrated water management in relation to the dimensions of water (surface water and groundwater, and quantity and quality), interactions with land and the environment, and interrelationships with social and economic development.
- Planning, design, and construction of water/wastewater infrastructure.
- Water/wastewater treatment processes.
- Advanced and emerging technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top