Your Opportunity: We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Our Yellowknife, NT office has an immediate opportunity for an Intern Architect with Revit skills to become part of our dynamic team.
- Lead the production of design development and construction working drawings on a variety of retail and corporate workplace projects.
- Evaluating and assimilating design changes introduced by the client or project architect.
- Coordinating architectural design development with other members of the architectural design team and all engineering sub-consultants and specialist design disciplines.
- Preparing drawings and documents required to obtain municipal approvals and permits.
- Facilitate tender process.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- A degree in Architecture (4) year undergrad and masters from a Canadian accredited institution.
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience as an Architectural Designer/Technologist in Canada following graduation on a mix of projects, including retail and corporate workplace.
- Demonstrated project experience showing the candidate's capacity in design and technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated project experience in application of the Canadian Building Code.
- Strong BIM knowledge and Revit proficiency is a must.
- Proficient in AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience with a wide range of illustration and rendering software an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as dealings with clients and across a national network.
Experience an adventure!
Yellowknife is the capital of the Northwest Territories and is a remarkably cosmopolitan city of roughly 20,000, filled with well-educated families and professionals. It is the commercial hub for projects and communities across the NWT and the wilderness is just steps from our downtown office. In Yellowknife, northern traditions mix with the everyday lifestyles of modern Canadians from all cultures and backgrounds. The result is a unique sense of place that both welcomes newcomers and embraces new ideas.
Up here work-life balance truly exists. Whether you're interested in an adventure filled with fishing, skiing, hiking and snowmobiling, or just looking to live in a beautiful, small urban centre, Yellowknife could be the place for you.
Build your career AND enjoy your life!
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
We would like to thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top