Intermediate/Senior Electrical Engineer - Water and Wastewater Sector
Your Opportunity: We've recently strengthened our presence by completing the acquisition of engineering services firm, MWH Global. This means more career opportunities for you in consulting, design, and construction for the water and natural resources sector globally.
We are excited that MWH has integrated fully into Stantec and we are now collaborating on even bigger and more exciting large-scale projects that make a difference in our communities. With MWH joining Stantec, we are now a global player in the water / wastewater market!
Our dynamic and exciting collaborative culture will give the selected candidate the opportunity to thrive and further their career.
Stantec is seeking an Intermediate/Senior Electrical Engineer to join our highly successful water practice in Surrey, BC. Stantec's Surrey office is conveniently connected and located next to the Gateway Skytrain Station. Surrey, the second largest city in British Columbia, has lots to offer, from its farmlands to its thriving city centre.
Your Duties: The ideal candidate will provide world class design and project management Electrical Instrumentation and Controls (EI&C) consulting engineering services for a variety of clients locally and globally in a dynamic and diversified team environment. You will work with junior and intermediate engineering and design staff to deliver high quality designs on time and on budget. You will report to an EI&C Team Lead Engineer.
- Independently complete EI&C engineering tasks for small projects and lead a small team of EI&C engineers and designers for larger projects.
- Prepare feasibility, conceptual and detailed design of electrical, instrumentation and control (EI&C) systems for water and wastewater collection, treatment and pumping facilities.
- Prepare power distribution analysis and design of Water/Wastewater facility substations, generator systems, grounding, switchgear, motor control centers, variable frequency drives, metering, protection and controls.
- Instrumentation/Controls analysis and design of facility-wide DCS and PLC-based process automation, data acquisition, trending and alarming systems.
- Design lighting, fire alarm and security systems for Water/Wastewater facilities.
- Prepare reports, studies, specifications, drawings and other design documents.
- Work with and interface effectively with other engineering disciplines (Process, Civil, Structural, Mechanical).
- Complete field reviews of designs under construction, and prepare construction review documentation.
- Participate in commissioning-related activities and provide engineering-level direction to the commissioning team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in EI&C systems design; relevant experience with Water/Wastewater related infrastructure is considered a significant asset.
- Experience in a project management role is considered an asset.
- Willingness to provide guidance and leadership for junior staff assigned to work on common projects.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of EI&C design standards; this includes familiarity with power distribution design (up to 25kV) and control systems (DCS and PLC based architectures).
- Sound working knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code and the Microsoft Office software suite. Knowledge of the National Electrical Code is considered an asset.
- Good working knowledge of SKM PTW, ETAP and/or EasyPower software is considered an asset.
- Field review and commissioning experience is considered an asset.
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (APEGBC) as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) is a requirement.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top