Intermediate/Senior Civil (CAD) Technologist
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system.
Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Our office in Calgary is currently seekingan Intermediate to Senior Civil (CAD) Technologist to join our Water team.
Reporting to the Water Group CAD coordinator, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Preparing engineering drawings for municipal projects with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Preparing plan, profile, grading, surface design for water, storm, and wastewater piping, and roadways.
- Preparing presentation graphics and report figures.
- Coordinating project drawings with project managers, technical staff and others.
- Ensuring that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Understanding and adhering to Stantec standards.
- Preparing conceptual and final grading, servicing and road designs.
- Completing earthwork quantity analyses.
- Organizing and maintaining a design and CAD digital file database for each project.
- Maintain project CAD standards relating to Civil 3D.
- Manage, mentor and support a team of civil technologists.
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- A CAD Technologist Diploma/Civil Technologist Diploma.
- Experience and familiarity with municipal, urban development and water resources disciplines and/or an education background in these areas.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience, and a comprehensive knowledge of AutoCAD (2017), and Civil 3D (2017) including work flows tools
- Experience and familiarity with City of Calgary design and drafting standards.
- Strong communication skills, along with excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities and a willingness to work in a team atmosphere.
- Highly organized, have significant attention to detail, are able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
- Experience with MS Office Suite including Word, and Excel.
- Experience with Sheet Manager and Data Short Cutting, and setting up Pipe Networks
- Experience working with and managing civil 3d files on ProjectWise is considered an asset
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 5
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top