Intermediate Water Resources Engineer
Your Opportunity 2,600 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties An opportunity exists in our Markham, ON office for a highly motivated Intermediate Water Resources Engineer. As the successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities to complete the water resources component of a wide variety of projects in a dynamic design team setting.
- Perform Hydrologic, Hydraulic and Hydrodynamic analyses using steady and unsteady state 1D, 2D and 3D models.
- Perform floodplain evaluations, watershed assessments, including modeling, reporting and permit support.
- Field support for water quality studies, hydrology monitoring, stream restoration and fluvial geomorphological assessments, and other projects.
- Assist in business development and project/task pursuits of various water resources clients.
- Assist in developing technical proposals.
- Plan and manage tasks.
- Conduct assignments/projects with a high degree of initiative and independence.
- Provide expertise to internal and external clients to resolve complex problems and issues.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by management.
Your Capabilities and Credentials EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering in Civil, Water Resources, Environmental Engineering or other closely related degree required.
- P. Eng. or eligible to obtain a P.Eng.
- Proficient with various hydrologic , hydraulic and water quality models (e.g. HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, VO2, HSPF, CORMIX, etc.) is preferred, however candidates with water resources modelling training and experience is a requirement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Min 5 years prior experience in a similar role required.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top