Intermediate Structural Engineer
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Our Water group is seeking an Intermediate Structural Engineer to join the team in our Surrey office to provide world class structural engineering for a variety of clients globally in a dynamic and diversified team environment. You will work with junior and senior engineering and design staff to deliver high quality designs on time and on budget. This position reports to the Structural Team Lead.
Your Key Responsibilities
- This position is accountable for applying intensive, complex and diversified knowledge of structural engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, making independent decisions to solve structural engineering problems, resolving questions and planning and coordinating work.
- This position interacts throughout the organization and directly with clients, members of business and professional organizations and equipment vendors.
- Our wet infrastructure work encompasses water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, reservoirs and conveyance projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Competence in the seismic design of concrete, steel, and masonry systems required
- Experience in the structural design, detailing, and construction of environmental engineering concrete structures including water, wastewater, and industrial waste facilities in accordance with the requirements of ACI 350 is required.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written required. Ability to represent the firm at Client interviews and presentations.
- Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations and analysis.
- Ability and willingness to lead structural engineering teams on small to medium sized projects.
- Ability and willingness to be a part of a large global engineering company, and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
- Support local and national business development and marketing activities.
- Good working knowledge of National Building Code of Canada, CSA A23, CSA S16, and Microsoft Office software suite. Knowledge of ASCE 7 is considered an asset.
- Good working knowledge of SAP2000, ETABS, and other finite element software.
- Good knowledge of architectural design and building envelope details.
- Willingness to provide guidance and leadership for junior staff assigned to work on common projects.
- Experience in a project management role is considered an asset.
- Registration or eligibility for registration in the US is considered an asset.
- Field review and commissioning experience is considered an asset.
- The willingness to travel for field reviews and construction support is an asset.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Structural Engineering from an accredited University.
- 4 years of experience, minimum.
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC) as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) is a requirement.
- Experience in structural design; relevant experience with Water/Wastewater related infrastructure is considered a significant asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Surrey
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900037Y
Back to top