Intermediate Structural Engineer
Your Opportunity: We've recently strengthened our presence by completing the acquisition of engineering services firm, MWH Global. This means more career opportunities for you in consulting, design, and construction for the water and natural resources sector globally.
We are excited that MWH has integrated fully into Stantec and we are now collaborating on even bigger and more exciting large-scale projects that make a difference in our communities. With MWH joining Stantec, we are now a global player in the water / wastewater market!
Our dynamic and exciting collaborative culture will give the selected candidate the opportunity to thrive and further their career.
Stantec is seeking an Intermediate Structural Engineer to join our highly successful water practice in Surrey, BC. Stantec's Surrey office is conveniently connected and located next to the Gateway Skytrain Station. Surrey, the second largest city in British Columbia, has lots to offer, from its farmlands to its thriving city centre.
- Support Construction Administration personnel on an occasional or as required basis.
- Complete construction review services including field reviews and coordination, shop drawings and submittal review
- Review of RFI responses, clarification, and change orders.
- Coordinate construction issues and design work with the contractor, other disciplines, other offices, and other project team members.
- Work with team members in determining viable solutions for design issues during construction.
- Work to and meet project time lines and budgets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and experience with structural finite element engineering design software such as SFRAME, SAP and ETABS.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential to meet the expectations of this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural/Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) registration in the province of British Columbia.
- Minimum 7 - 10 years of post-graduation experience in structural design environment and possess a thorough understanding of the design of various building structures.
- Experience in contract administration and coordinating construction of the structural components of major civil works.
- Experience in water retaining structure design will be considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a multidiscipline group.
- Strong leadership, time management, project management, and team building skills are required
- Working knowledge of Project Management fundamentals would be considered an asset.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top