Intermediate/ Senior Technician (Geotechnical)
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
Stantec is seeking an Intermediate to Senior Geotechnical Technician to join our team in the Saint John, NB office.
Your Key Responsibilities
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with engineers and other technicians performing general duties consisting of both field and laboratory work including the following:
- Coordination and supervision of drilling and test pitting programs for a variety of small to large projects spanning from infrastructure, residential, commercial, and industrial developments
- Geotechnical field testing such as rock anchor testing; observation of deep foundation installation, piezometer installation and measurements; slope stability monitoring using inclinometers, downhole thermistor installation, etc.
- Construction quality control/quality assurance and preparation of quality documents
- Mentoring, coaching and training of less experienced technical staff as required
- Assist with field and laboratory testing of soils/concrete/asphalt.
- Assistance with proposal and report preparation in the office.
- Other general field and office related duties
Your Capabilities and Credentials
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following qualifications:
- Energetic team player with a commitment to superior client service
- Experience working with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- A valid Driver's License is required
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program in civil engineering technology would be an asset
- Ability and willingness to work away from home
- Willingness to work overtime as required
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 5 years of experience.
Position will require field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineering Technician/Technologist
Primary Location: Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000GA
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top