Intermediate / Senior Hydrologist
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
An opportunity exists for a talented and ambitious Intermediate to Senior Hydrologist in our Calgary, AB office. The qualified candidate is not expected to have experience in all of the responsibilities listed. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment with diverse and dynamic projects, and enjoys working on multi-disciplinary scopes of work.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Surface water management and engineering assessment and design for river infrastructure projects including water intakes, outfalls, dams and weirs, fishways, flood protection, scour and erosion control, river training, and protective works;
- Watercourse crossing projects such as bridges, pipelines, roads, and other linear infrastructure;
- Environmental and hydrologic assessments and streamflow evaluations;
- Environmental flow needs (EFN) assessments, fish habitat loss assessments and designs related to habitat compensation plans;
- Mine water balance models, mine water management plans and water management infrastructure designs;
- Manage tasks and projects according to approved scopes of work, and deliver quality reports on schedule and within budget;
- Contribute to and lead business development activities, including proposals, pre-qualifications, and relationship building with clients and prospective clients;
- Interact and interface with clients and environmental regulators;
- Document preparation, including detailed design drawings and specifications, and project permitting;
- Provide supervision, training, technical direction and mentoring to more junior staff; and
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures,
- Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong project management and technical review skills;
- Strong communication, writing and organization skills;
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment; and
- Desire to grow in your career in a challenging environment that fosters self-improvement though leadership, mentoring and a diversity of experience.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Geoscience or applicable
Engineering discipline (including Water, Civil or Environmental Engineering);
Minimum 7 years' consulting experience, directly related to hydrology, river engineering, water resources and/or mining;
Registration as a geoscientist or engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists or qualifications to obtain this registration at the start of employment.
Majority of time spent in office environment with prolonged sitting and computer work, or combination of office and field. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000T6
Back to top