Intermediate / Senior Electrical Engineer
At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Your Opportunity Our Global Mining team has a need for an Intermediate or Senior Electrical Engineer, based out of our offices in Sudbury or North Bay ON. You would work with various clients in completing feasibility studies and detailed engineering projects for underground and surface mining operations.
Your Key Responsibilities HEALTH & SAFETY
- Understanding and working per the requirements of the Stantec Safety Culture. As a Stantec employee you are expected to make a personal commitment towards preserving the health and safety of all our employees. You will demonstrate your commitment to safety on a daily basis through actions and involvement in our employees' work, by ensuring compliance to the company safety programs and initiatives, and strictly adhering to rules, regulations and procedures. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our goal of zero harm within our operations.
- Working in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its Clients.
- Ensuring all applicable safety codes, regulations and guidelines are met by appropriate design and use of technology.
- Review and analysis of drawings for possible safety and constructability problems prior to issue to clients;
- Able to lead a team of electrical engineering and design staff in the execution of project work from scoping studies to detailed engineering projects. This includes owning the scope, schedule, and budget for the electrical discipline's work.
- Promote and support coordination of project work with other engineering disciplines, functional departments, and project management.
- Participate on projects as the electrical discipline lead where regular involvement in periodic client meetings may be required.
- Support the business development needs of the business by providing input to and review of project proposals involving electrical scope.
- Aid in the mentoring of electrical discipline staff, both engineers and designers.
- Required technical experience in the following:
- Mining experience (especially underground electrical systems and shaft installations).
- Electrical infrastructure and power distribution (up to 25kV systems).
- System engineering (process control and instrumentation design).
- Lighting design and modelling.
- Communication system engineering (Fibre optic, Ethernet, Radio, etc.).
- Technical experience in the following would be considered an asset:
- High voltage/substation design including protection scheme design.
- Grounding system design and ground grid testing.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable codes, health and safety regulations. Knowledge of Mining regulations would be considered an asset.
- Proven experience as an electrical engineering project lead.
- Proficiency with/exposure to;
- Microsoft Office products (Excel, Work, Visio, etc.).
- Power modeling software (ETAP, EasyPower, and/or SKM).
- Lighting system software.
- Design/drafting capability would be considered an asset (AutoCAD, MicroStation, Revit).
- You must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills and be able to work in a fast paced, team setting.
- Interest in acquiring experience completing equipment inspections on-site (client, vendor, etc.) and to assess electrical and communication infrastructure.
- Willing to travel to client sites or other Stantec offices.
10-20 years of heavy industrial and/or mining specific experience in electrical engineering and design.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top