- Markham, Canada
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our program management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists who are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec is seeking an Intermediate Planner/Scheduler to join our Program Management team with a background in scheduling of large infrastructure programs, preferably in mass transit systems.
The successful candidate will possess seven to twelve years' experience in a planning/scheduling capacity and proficiency in Primavera P6 planning software. Microsoft Office skills are essential.
This is a key position requiring excellent communication skills and a willingness to work as part of a team to successfully deliver major capital projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Serve as the owner of the project schedule and coordinate all inputs, reviews and updates required for a functional schedule.
- Participate as member of a project team and communicate schedule-related issues and opportunities but also be able to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Prepare the project schedule in Primavera P6 including;
- The sequence and duration of all activities relating to the completion of the project including engineering, procurement and construction;
- Logic and floats for all activities, denoting key milestones; and
- Resource loading.
- Ensure that the construction schedule is updated regularly with progress achieved and make changes to the sequence and duration of activities where appropriate.
- Review vendor, sub-consultant and contractor schedule submittals and incorporate into the project schedule.
- Identify the project critical path and communicate same to the project team and stakeholders.
- Identify divergences from the project plan as established in the baseline schedule to the project team.
- Identify throughout the course of the project activities which are behind progress, any foreseen delays to future activities and the likely effect on the schedule of any actual or foreseen delay.
- Identify strategies for catching up lost time or avoiding potential delays and opportunities to accelerate the completion of the work.
- Prepare reports and updates.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Solid level of proficiency and knowledge of scheduling software (Primavera P6 and MS Project).
- Experience with large capital infrastructure projects, preferably in mass transit systems.
- Technical knowledge of scheduling practices.
- Familiarity with engineering design, and construction practice.
- Ability to validate scheduling status with project team members and related stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, perform, review, and present status updates of scheduling projects.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable standards and procedures.
- Ability to perform quality assurance.
- Ability to make timely decisions.
- Positive attitude with strong relationship building skills.
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seven to twelve years of experience in a scheduling role. Construction experience is an asset.
- PMP Designation is preferable.
This description is not a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Control Planning/Scheduling
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations: Canada-Ontario-Markham
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001JL
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top