Your Opportunity The Stantec Community Development team brings together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Creating value in land development? It's all part of our plan. Developing land into a residential or mixed-use community or into a public space with parks and trails requires a mix of technical skill, creative vision, and insight into development. We merge our expertise to create value for our clients and community. Join us as we develop the ultimate master plan-one that features creative, technical, and innovative project-based solutions which are also economically viable and environmentally responsive.
Your Duties Our Ottawa office has an opportunity for a full-time Intermediate Planner. As a member of our multi-disciplinary consulting team, you will play a pivotal role in all levels of the planning and design process, project management, business development and marketing, as well as client relations, development and management (internal and external). You will contribute to a wide range of planning projects from site planning to subdivision plans, and along with a team of planners, landscape architects, urban designers and engineers, you will be working on some of the most exciting planning projects in Eastern Ontario. Your efforts will be recognized through continued professional development, a competitive compensation package and a great work environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A degree in Urban Planning
- CIP /OPPI Membership or eligibility for membership is required
- Minimum 5 years' experience preferably in the private sector
- A background in land development and municipal planning is key to this role
- Knowledge of Provincial planning legislation and Policy Statements, Municipal Official Plans and Community Design Plans, Zoning Bylaws and Development Permit By-laws, integrated community sustainable planning and other land use instruments
- Strong visual communication and design skills. Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are required
- GIS and CAD /Sketchup skills are an asset
- Strong business development, client management, and communication skills are essential, as are excellent communication, teamwork and mentorship skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and advanced technical report writing skills
- Willingness to travel throughout Ontario
- Bilingual language skills are an asset
- Valid driver's license; a driver's abstract will be required prior to starting
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top