Intermediate or Senior Engineer or Engineering Technologist
Your Opportunity The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Our Fort McMurray office has an opportunity for an Intermediate or Senior Engineer or Engineering Technologist.
Your Duties This role will be supporting multi-disciplinary municipal civil projects, related to new build and infrastructure renewal.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project Management
- Client Development and Management
- Business Development and Revenue Generation
- Proposal Preparation
- Infrastructure planning and design of:
- Water Distribution Systems
- Sanitary and Storm Sewer Collection Systems
- Reservoirs / Pump Stations
- Lift Stations
- Site Grading and Roadway Design
- Construction Coordination and Management
- Contract Management Supervision
- Resident Site Inspection
Your Capabilities and Credentials The successful candidate will possess the following:
- B.Sc. or Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution
- P.Eng. with eligibility for registration with APEGA or a CET/RET with eligibility for registration with ASET
- Minimum of six (6) years, post-graduation experience in water infrastructure, transportation or community development design and engineering consulting
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and technically support projects
- Ability to develop and manage clients
Remuneration will commensurate with experience.
Relocation assistance will be provided.
The successful candidate will be joining a strong, vibrant and growing community. Fort McMurray is the home of many state of the art facilities as well as a population that is committed to community. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to Fort McMurray's growth in a meaningful way and build a life in the economic hub of western Canada. This community is growing at a rapid rate and provides residents the opportunity to explore a unique geography of Canada. With facilities to support indoor and outdoor activities in all seasons, the RMWB offers its residents the environment to discover and shape each unique lifestyle.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top