Intermediate .NET Software Developer
Your Opportunity We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Your Duties Problem Solving
- Work with business and systems analysts to determine and document solution requirements;
- Analyze business requirements and translate them into technical solutions; and
- Consult on technical capabilities and recommended solutions to enable solving business needs and solution problems.
- Create functional and technical documentation using standard documentation templates and UML;
- Write software specifications, review designs with business analysts, peers, and management, and develop software solution according to specifications;
- Develop test plans for assigned components and ensure components are thoroughly tested prior to be deployed to quality assurance and production. Unit testing is recommended practice;
- Create quality assurance and production software deployment packages, prepare required deployment and configuration documentation, and follow through to ensure a smooth, repeatable deployment into our quality assurance and production environments;
- Able to design, develop, and document entire solutions with minimal supervision; and
- Responsible for design, development, maintenance, and technical documentation of solutions using applicable tools and languages with a strong emphasis on accessing data from relational databases.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to functional and technical team members and management;
- Communicate issues and solutions in a clear and concise manner; and
- Keep clients, peers and managers informed on progress and the status of issues.
- Prepare time estimates for assigned projects and tasks;
- Given the tasks and scope of a project, successfully complete and document the project within the specified time frame; and
- Ability to work with multiple projects simultaneously in a highly dynamic environment.
- Interact with end user, peers, help desk, and management personnel to resolve issues;
- Effective in interacting with users when designing, documenting, completing, and testing assignments; and
- Maintain a positive attitude when dealing with others in a pressured environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials Required
- 4+ Years of software development experience using Microsoft.NET Technologies - C# preferred
- ORM (Object-Relational Mapping)
- SQL (RDBMS)
- Windows Forms
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Service Design
- HTML / CSS / Javascipt
- Angular JS/JQuery experience
- SharePoint development
- Java development
- ERP development
- Oracle Primavera
- Oracle Unifier
- Development within a project controls/project management environment
- Portfolio of past projects to demonstrate ability
- Preference will be given to applicants with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree. However consideration will be given to applicants with other relevant education and work experience; and
- The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to work with professionalism and confidentiality, and is able to work independently, multi-task and adapt to change in a very dynamic environment.
- Regular working hours 0800 to 1630 with occasional overtime requirements;
- Working as part of a friendly, team orientated professional group;
- Working to specific timelines that can, at times, be demanding;
- Constant and close visual (computer) work at desk; and
- Ability to multi-task between projects as needed to support operations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top