Intermediate Mining Engineer
At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe. Your Opportunity Stantec is currently seeking an energetic Intermediate Mining Engineer to join our practice in Sudbury / North Bay, ON / Saskatoon, SK. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we help wherever we can. And through it all, the goals of our clients and their communities remain at the center of everything we create. Working with a dynamic team of engineer and technologists, you will be involved in numerous studies and will help to grow our mining business line.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Analyze reports, drawings, tests, and related documentation to plan and design projects.
- Work with the team to prepare reports, studies, specifications, plans, and designs for projects.
- Develop mine development and production plans and schedules.
- Work with resource block models, prepare mine extraction layouts.
- Prepare for technical reviews and prepare technical reports.
- Attend client meetings.
- Support the preparation of capital and operating cost estimates.
- Keep Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project scope or additional services.
- Help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Travel associated with project work may be required. International or national trips can be expected with the possibility of extended stays.
- Site work on a rotational basis may be required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in underground mine design in hard rock mining
- Experience with 3D Mine Design software
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of Products
- Knowledge of ACAD a plus
- Familiarity with Mine Health and Safety Regulations
- Education and Experience
- Mining Engineering Degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years underground experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top