Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Your Opportunity Working in our Saskatoon, SK office, you will assume the role of Intermediate Mechanical Engineer where you will deliver design engineering for mine infrastructure projects on behalf of Stantec's mining clientele.
Your Key Responsibilities HEALTH & SAFETY
- Understanding and working per the requirements of the Stantec Safety Culture.
- As a Discipline Engineer you are expected to make a personal commitment towards preserving the health and safety of all our employees. You will demonstrate your commitment to safety on a daily basis through actions and involvement in our employees' work, by ensuring compliance to the company safety programs and initiatives, and strictly adhering to rules, regulations and procedures. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our ultimate goal of zero harm within our operations.
- Working in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its clients.
- Ensuring all applicable safety codes, regulations and guidelines are met by appropriate design and use of technology.
- Review and analysis of drawings for possible safety and constructability problems prior to issue to clients.
- Responsible for the timely completion of project designs in accordance with all applicable governing codes and Engineering Standards.
- Execute the successful delivery of mechanical engineering design.
- Provide detail design engineering for drawings and specifications for material handling systems, pumping/piping systems, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, mine ventilation systems, industrial HVAC systems, hoisting systems, and related mine infrastructure.
- Assist Senior Mechanical engineer with site inspections (surface and underground).
- Periodic travel to site operations in both Northern Ontario and Saskatoon.
- Enable Stantec to remain innovative in the provision of projects involving mechanical engineering by keeping abreast of industry developments.
- Author specifications, functional statements and design basis statements. At our core, we're a community.
- Have between 5-8 years of Mechanical Engineering experience in the design and analysis of mechanical systems specific to the underground mining industry or heavy industry.
- Previous design experience would include but not be limited to the design of mine plant mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated trouble shooting & problem solving skills specific to mechanical systems in heavy industry.
- Have strong written abilities for the preparation of scope of work and supply documents, specifications, and design basis documents.
- Strong oral communication skills are also required.
- Strong ability to work in teams, including teams of people from other offices / provinces.
- Knowledge of applicable design codes and safety acts/regulations.
- Excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Exposure to computer aided drafting software such as ACAD is also preferred.
- Familiar with relevant ASME, ANSI, OHSA, API, NBC, ASHRAE, CSA codes.
Registration as a Professional Engineer (in the Province of Saskatchewan or any other Canadian provincial/territorial jurisdiction), or the ability to become registered through the appropriate governing association (APEGS, etc).
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top