Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Your Opportunity: With decades of experience, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Our downtown Toronto, ON office has an immediate need for an Intermediate Mechanical Building Services Engineer. This self-directed individual will join our mechanical engineering team, implementing and overseeing the technical design on multiple projects with a focus on the commercial sector work, as well as assisting on projects in tenant fit-out, retail, healthcare, educational, and transportation sectors.
- Mechanical Building Services Design - including HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and control system design with a focus on a superior built environment and energy efficiency;
- Coordination and communication with other technical and non-technical team members;
- Working with clients, architects, consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives;
- Mentoring junior engineering staff.
- Team management and resourcing for own projects
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Strong experience of working on large commercial and retail programs, including the development and application of standard client requirements;
- Some experience of client engagement, business development, and project management desirable;
- Collaborating with team on various projects through all stages;
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering; advanced degrees preferred;
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in a consulting environment, with a specialization in mechanical consulting engineering in buildings;
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a P. Eng. in Ontario;
- Key areas of experience will include HVAC and controls system design, construction cost estimating, contract administration, energy efficiency analysis, and writing technical reports and proposals;
- Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft ® Excel, Microsoft ® Word, and AutoCAD is required. Strong preference will be given to candidates with REVIT knowledge;
- Experience of contract administration would be an asset;
- LEED accreditation and sustainable building systems design experience is preferred.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top