Intermediate Landscape Architect
We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Stantec's Ottawa location is currently seeking an experienced creative and motivated Intermediate Landscape Architect to join the Community Development Team. Stantec's Community Development team provides a full range of innovative services in landscape architecture, engineering, community planning, and project management to shape and transform the urban landscape. We bring together places that make communities feel like home.
Transforming land into a residential or mixed-use community, or a public space with parks and trails, requires a mix of technical skill and creative vision, as well as insight into development. Our approach to community development forms wildlife habitat, restores wetlands for future generations, and builds neighborhoods where bicyclists ride on trails and families picnic in parks. By creating unique spaces that respond to the land and the people who use them, we're bringing community to life.
Providing landscape architecture services for sites, neighborhoods, communities, land regions, our Landscape Architects are comprised of collaborative, creative, and visionary professionals who creates high-quality environments that are functional, innovative, appropriate, and attractive. Our Landscape Architects have opportunities to provide holistic approaches to services such as urban and streetscape design; parks, open space, greenways; sustainable community development; environmental rehabilitation and restoration; detail support for transportation projects; as well as cycling, pedestrian and trail systems. At Stantec, we believe that a multi-disciplinary approach provides opportunities for solutions that are more innovative and unique. Our staff benefit from the support of scientists, engineers, designers and planners from a range of disciplines and practices.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of design documents including written reports, design drawings, construction specifications, etc., and will be a key player ensuring client and contractor liaison throughout the development of projects. The Ottawa Office provides consulting services to private and government clients across Ottawa and surrounding region. This is a multidisciplinary office providing services in Landscape Architecture, Planning, Land Development, Transportation and Environmental Infrastructure.
Other Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualize, design, and document landscape architectural designs;
- Serve as technical design expert for projects and work with other team members to develop and execute design;
- Assist Intermediate and Senior Landscape Architects with the preparation of design and construction documents;
- Assist design team in the preparation of cost estimates, and budgets;
- Conduct Site Investigations and Construction Inspections;
- Prepare proposals;
- Work within a multidisciplinary team.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Degree in Landscape Architecture or similar, relevant certification;
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of full-time experience as a Landscape Architect;
- Full Membership with the Ontario Association of Landscape Architect (OALA)or Association des architectes paysagistes du Québec (AAPQ);
- Familiarity with federal, provincial, and municipal approval process and standards;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD;
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of designs and construction documents including specifications;
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign with experience working with 3D rendering softwares an asset (Sketch-up, 3D Max);
- Demonstrated industry practice knowledge and commitment to excellence in customer service;
- Strong verbal and written communications and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in English or French. Bilingualism is an advantage.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 5
Discipline Community Development
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top