Intermediate Land Development Engineer/Project Manager - ( 2100003Z )
At Stantec, we bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a mixed-use community, an institutional building or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Our Community Development Group is dedicated to building healthy and resilient communities where we live, work and play. Successful communities are created where design and life intersect. This is your place to make a difference!
We have an immediate opening in our Markham or Mississauga, ON offices for an Intermediate Land Development Engineer to be an integral part of our team. Applicants will be self-motivated possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, be eager to learn and will possess good general computer skills. Attention to detail and accuracy are required assets.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparing preliminary and detailed design drawings related to civil engineering, stormwater management and erosion and sediment control.
- Preparing engineering reports related to land development constraints/opportunities, functional servicing, stormwater management, and cost estimates for residential, commercial, institutional, and mixed-use projects.
- Liaising with clients, municipalities and approval agencies to assist in obtaining project approvals.
- Undertaking a variety of project coordination tasks, including liaising with a variety of other design disciplines.
- Ensuring that the clients' needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Assisting with tender preparation and undertaking occasional field inspections.
- Contributing to proposals, fee estimates and general Project Management tasks as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written) are essential.
- Computer literacy is essential, including working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Experience with LDD and Civil3D would be considered an asset.
Education and Experience
Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university program.
Registered or eligibility to be registered as a Professional Engineer in Ontario.
At least 4 years' experience in Land development projects is strongly preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1606 Community Development-CA Ontario East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 20, 2021, 8:00:24 AM
Req ID: 2100003Z
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans